This is really depending on how long you are going to travel. Whether you are going away for a short time or a really long while to get away from everyone for a temporary moment, you still have to bring with you the same bare essentials that you will need. It’s only natural. How else are you going to survive while you’re out there?
So with the guidance of eaglecreek, here are the items that you need to consider before you leave.
You probably already know this but just to make sure you don’t forget them as you’re packing (I know I need the reminders myself), here is the list for what you SHOULD pack:
- Clothes that are lightweight
- A couple of pants (and belt)
- Walking shoes (make sure they’re comfortable)
- Rain jacket or umbrella
- Underwear (pack a LOT)
- Sunglasses and your prescribed glasses
- Cell phone and charger
- Travel pillow (plus ear plugs and eye mask but you can do without them)
- An app that helps with language and direction
You can also pack a hat, a scarf, travel speakers, swimming trunks plus dress shirts and slacks (just in case you have to look fancy, you never know).
Now these items are pretty much easy to remember (sometimes) however the more difficult to remember, at least for me, are the toiletries. Let’s have a neat little list down here to save us all the trouble, shall we?
What Should Be in the Toiletry Bag?
- Hair brush and hair ties (for those who have longer hair)
- Sunscreen (and a face lotion that also acts as a sunscreen)
- Face cleanser
- Personal hygiene items (you know what they are)
- Prescription medication
- Mirror (or you can use the mirror on your phone)
- Hair products
- Detergent and clothesline
- Shaving kit and extra razors
- Toilet paper
- Tweezers and nail clippers
Never forget any of these, yeah? They’re basically one of the most important items to bring upon your travel.
Now the next one also happens to be really important. The items in this one will determine how screwed you would be if you brought them or not.
The First Aid Kit
You’re going to travel really far and you won’t know if you will be able to come across a clinic or even a hospital. We never know what might happen to us. Travelling itself is already a bit risky since you could get hurt and you won’t be at home where all the essentials will be. Your rest may be compromised too. So treat this as an emergency bag.
- Pain killers
- Rubbing alcohol
- Antibiotics (get some betadine)
- Personal prescriptions
- Throat lozenges and cold medicines
- Laxative medicines
- Allergy medicines
- Antibacterial ointment
- Sunburn relief
- Mosquito net and insect repellent
- Motion sickness pills
- Eye drops
- Other medicines
By the way it should also goes to show that you ought to bring the travel security you need and the finances that should be with you all the time. Your wallet, your visa and so on and so forth.